A cost-effective monitor for use in offices, schools, restaurants, and other small-to-medium sized buildings that alerts users when conditions are present that may increase the risk of exposure to airborne viral transmission.
Offices, Classrooms, restaurants, and buildings with outdated HVAC and ventilation systems can foster environments where the risk of airborne virus transmission could increase. Honeywell proprietary technology that monitors CO-2 levels, coupled with user-controlled settings to account for human activity levels in an indoor area, provides users with a portable, cost-effective, and user-friendly solution that alerts when conditions are present that may increase the risk of exposure to airborne viral transmission.
Research conducted by scientists at the University of Colorado has shown that real-time monitoring of indoor ambient air can be an indicator of increased risk of airborne viral transmission, utilizing different levels of risk-based factors such as CO-2 concentration levels and the type of human activity in the area.
Using this guidance and Honeywell algorithms, we identified air quality conditions that are driven by common activities and variables such as average room size, number of people present, breathing rate, and duration. The device comes with three pre-programmed indoor activity settings: low activity (movie theaters, libraries, and classrooms), medium activity (restaurants, offices, small clinics), and high activity (gyms, indoor arenas, recreation centers) and is recommended for coverage of 75-92 Square Meters. For each setting, the monitor provides indications using a traffic light pattern (Green, Yellow, or Red) and a sound alarm so users can be aware of conditions that may increase the risk of airborne transmission based on detectable CO-2 levels.
Wall Mount Sold Seperatly
- Monitor carbon dioxide, temperature and relative humidity
- Uses non-dispersive infra-red (NDIR) sensor for more accurate monitoring
- Three pre-programmed activity level settings (Low/Medium/High)
- Traffic Light Visual Indication (Green/Yellow/Red)
- Sound Alert: one beep for medium alert; two beeps for high alert
- Small portable size and light weight
- Easy-to-use one button setting
- 10 hours battery life using Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- 1-year limited product warranty