DOCSIS 3.1 squeezes more performance out of the HFC network. It goes from the traditional 6MHz wide QAM carrier to a 24MHz-192MHz wide carrier with overlapping subcarriers across the spectrum. This is done by utilising OFDM (Orthoganal Frequency Domain Multiplexing). The added complexity provides higher efficiency and noise immunity to the cable.
DOCSIS 3.1 can achieve 1Gb/s speeds (and higher) on the current coax already in the ground today!
The ONX-620 DOCSIS 3.1 Software option enables D3.1 and OFDM testing:
- Complete carrier analysis validates OFDM
- PLC, NCP, Profile A, Codeword Errors Level, MER, ICFR and Echo
- Range, Register and Bonding – Validates 3.1 operation
- Spectrum with Ingress identifies noise sources
- Profile Analysis ensures Maximum Efficiency and Identifies Problems
- MER across all subcarriers
- Speed testing beyond - 1 Gbps ensures Full DOCSIS 3.1 Compliance
Once this software upgrade has been delivered it is non-refundable.
|Model #||Docsis 3.1 Upgrade|
|Brand||VIAVI (formerly JDSU)|